Saturday, July 31, 2010

Parks and Bears

Ewesfly said: " Yellowstone or my beloved Canadian Rocky mountains become more and more overrun with tourists"

I can't agree more. National parks are an Ecological disaster. You can't inject a million visitors into Banff without screwing up animals and their environment.

Is it natural to have elk lying on your boulevards?

I apologize for the vehemence in my posts. There is a cult where I live that is trying to make the Feds create a new National Park in my back yard.
The Flathead valley who might have a few hundred visitors a year, as a National Park will have thousands. Today that land is extremely well managed. And, while not pristine, is relatively undisturbed.

The failed Y to Y initiative still has unrelenting supporters. When CSIS was reporting foreign influence on provincial MlAs, nothing could be more true in describing the behavior of Mr. Campbell over this area. He out an out said that the governor of Montana and he had become friends over the previous few years, an so had convinced him to act over this land.

It galls me that big US money wants to make parks almost entirely on Canadian soil. to make up for the failed Yellowstone disaster.
I say let them make a park from Yellowstone to the border then come talk to us up here. They would get strung up! But in Canada, its roll over and play dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment