Friday, July 16, 2010

The f-35 economy

Do we have to go through this again?

ALL the parties of Canada agreed to do deficit spending to stimulate the economy from 2009 to 2010. Funny, I don't think the year is up yet.

What I find interesting and novel is the way the stimulus comes to us. First of all, let me admit I have a CPP disability pension, so when I say this, I am not tarring the underclass of which I am a part.
Usually, when the Liberals were in power, and they wanted to spend a bunch of extra tax money in our direction, we would get a nice cheque that we could go spend on some pizza and some beer.

But this way, where the money goes to people employed building infrastructure, or fake lakes for that matter, but it goes to working people. If the Jets are an extension of deficit stimulus spending,we spend 9 billion, and 10 billion comes back to Canadian industry, which employs working people. Its really kinda cool if you think about it. Because instead of just going down the drain, or fluffing Molson's empty pockets (sic)we haven't calculated the ripple effect into the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment