Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In response to US critique

I don't care if I get 1000 thumbs down for this, but I need to say.

The US is much maligned. To the point of being ridiculous. No one would say they are perfect. But the fact is they are our close friends. I wish I could tell you antagonists to reconsider, but I doubt this will give you pause for thought.

Without the US participation in WWII we would have lost that war. Anyone who has studied history in any depth knows without the lend lease program Russia would have fallen. Stalingrad was pumping out American-designed tanks in the middle of its siege. But that is only one commodity that made a difference.
Then there was the massive supply to Brittan. Remember Dunkirk? That was a Canadian force that failed and died there. That landing provided critical intel for Normandy. D-day,
Canada provided 2 full divisions, plus several battalions under British command. The US provided 8 divisions and one core.

So as we can see, they had nothing to do with the success of the endeavor, since they only provided about 1/2 the total that landed on D-day.

Any serious historian and student of history that has a modicum of intelligence and education knows Canadians have a lot to be thankful for having the US as a friend.

I am Canadian for about 9 generations. So I am not a US shill. I just want to be able to call a spade a spade no matter how unpopular it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment