Friday, July 30, 2010

Guantanamo said: "alethia, I have read all the posts since my comments, yet I have not seen one response that gives a possible scenario when we would shoot down Russian or American jets. So do you have a response? I would love to hear it."

God forbid that would never happen.
The world has changed so much in the past 50-80 years, its hard to comprehend it in retrospect. I remember the cold war, when North America was at Def-con4. And bombers rose to the skies from coast to cost on both sides of the world.

And today we sit post-Soviet era with relatively little anxiety compared to those days. Who knows, is the entire Western economy going to collapse as it did in Russia precipitating the dissolution of the
Soviet empire?

I can tell you, no one in 1964, 1969, 1973, could imagine that the Soviet empire would collapse as it has. No one would imagine that we are building bridges together with them. Its the problem of the unimaginable that calls a country to build a military force.

I can't imagine being drawn into another gulf war. It would take something like a nuke going off in an American city. How long would it take for NATO to be in Iran if that were the case? If New York were nuked with a strong NW flow, we would be effected, if Chicago did likewise. God forbid that any of these scenarios occur.

One of the most peaceful countries in the world: Switzerland, has universal compulsory conscription of all citizens. And everyone who has done their service has a gun in their home.
___________

I have posted at length, about the question about the implications of a Russian bomber off of Canada's east coast. I have posted what is happening from a military perspective: How these incursions gather strategic data. So I won't go over them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment