Thursday, October 27, 2011

On the LGR--this one's funny

I bought my gun before the FAC, the License and the Registry. It is one of the millions of unregistered guns in Canada. And it always will be. God forbid there is ever a Canadian "Spring", but if there is, they won't be knocking at my door taking my gun. And I won't have to stop armed criminals from coming into my home with my bare hands.

I have watched myself become one of those wild-eyed radicals on this issue over the years. Since these laws came into place, I have watched as some poor sap forgot to renew his license and had all his guns confiscated. Hey they knew where he lived, someone could have said, "Good evening sir, we notice your license has lapsed, will that be visa or mastercharge?" That will never happen to me. I refused to license. It gives too much power to the state, and disempowers me from my right to unreasonable search and seizure.

I have watched RCMP invade a home without warrant as an excuse for something else they wanted to look for. Hey buddy, once your gun is registered its only a matter of time before they come to take it away. That is plain wrong. I refuse to empower the state to erode my constitutional right. I have watched as honest men, defending their home, have been treated like criminals. That is not right.

I think when I bought my guns, I was a sane citizen. But this is drivng me crazy. I know I have had a battle with depression. Anxieties like this can create stress that drives depression. I am suicidal every day. I have a razor blade within reach right now, and a rope behind my chair. The one weapon I would not choose is my gun. I couldn't bear to give those statisticians the satisfaction. At least my kids can inherit my guns, but that will be a secret. Because they will never register their guns either.

No comments:

Post a Comment