Monday, October 4, 2010

On Vale gettting 1b dollar loan....

Mining turns dirt into gold. We tax that. I would rather these industries stayed Canadian. However, Canadians, and their pension plans thought it better to sell them. We need to remember that. Canadians owned the companies, and THEY decided to sell.

So the greed factor falls at our own feet. Shareholders decided it was better to take the money than the asset. I sympathize with the comments that object to this. However, if we want them back, Every Canadian can go buy a few shares. If unionists want to effect the psychology of the company, buy your way onto the board of directors.

I hate being told to put my money where my mouth is, however, until my unease turns into appropriate action, all I am doing is flatulating

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/10/04/vale-edc-financing.html#socialcomments#ixzz11QUVbtRb

No comments:

Post a Comment