Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Canada's rejection by the UN

Does anyone have the breakdown of the vote?  Which countries voted for whom?  It might be interesting to look at that.  It has been reported that the Islamist conference voted against Canada.  Canadians should take note of that.
Canada's neutrality when it comes to Israel is a myth.  Canada has always supported Israel--at least until recent years.  I was there in 1967, 1971, 1973.  I remember.  Am I the only one? 
   Or is it that reason?  Could Afghanistan factor into their equation?  10 years of war in a Muslim state could be taking its toll on other Islamic countries, notably  Pakistan recently.
  Speaking of which did Pakistan vote with that bloc?  After the 10s of millions of dollars we sent for flood relief? 
  Or how about Brazil?  Why would Brazil oppose Canada?  Just because Portugal is the mother country, would that be the reason?  Or could it be that Canada stood up and agreed that Nuclear-swap deal was an Iranian scam.  I know it hurt the president's feelings.

I don't know for sure if those are relevant factors.  They might be.  Admittedly it is conjecture.  But when I look at the list, I think I am pretty certain of 4 out of 5.  And I can't see Canadians wanting us to compromise on them,  So stay principled Canada--"good things come to them that wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment