Thursday, October 28, 2010

On Mr. Campbell's Income Tax Cut.

Bill Bennet is our MLA and we like our politicians plains speaking-just eloquent enough to call a spade a spade.

I don't agree with the gist of this article.  2013 is a coon's age from now.  Political fares could flip before then.  I am pretty mad at the Liberals, but in this province what choice will we have?
Every NDP government has ended in disaster, with governmental departments all seized up by the ton of new regulations and restrictions and taxes--never again for this voter.

My problem is that I have a long memory.  I am still mad about the carbon taxes.  The HST kick-off was a disaster but made no impact on my cost of living.  I thought the world was intentionally moving to consumption taxes over income taxes as a means to restrict global warming.  That is what has happened.  Consumption taxes rose on a few things, maybe 1% of my budget.  It is nothing compared to the carbon taxes that gore me every time I have to fill up.  I could really applaud this if I were to read that this number didn't only apply to the highest income taxes.  If it didn't, if it were across the board a lot of poor folk could put some bread on the table.  Perhaps I am hoping too much.  But a shift in the tax-ability of the bottom of the tax roster, not only would cost less but do the people struggling in poverty a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment