Thursday, October 28, 2010

Banter about Peter McKay, the Widow and her Military Son's Suicide.

I am trying to imagine the one or two things I would have to give my attention to the morning after I became the Minister of Defense.  I am trying to imagine the centuries of tradition, protocol and regulation that are the Canadian Armed Forces.  The hierarchy and bureaucracy I am  sure would be straight forward.  I would probably memorize all those manuals before you know it.  Forget the military law, that is something everyone is born knowing.

And the day after long enough I would know of every injustice, error, bureaucratic snafu that ever existed from the dawn of time.   And when I knew of any of them, I would rise and take responsibility, and apologize then repair the injustice.  Then of course, every Canadian would understand and not villainize me in the Global Mail, no... I would be a god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment