Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Retrrospect and the Grace of God.

Go backwards half your age. If you knew then what you know now, what would you have done different? On comment under this post, please put half of the age you are now, and what you would have done different at that time... Curious to see your posts! thanks my lovies xoxox
_______________________________________
 
Owen Abrey I am not sure about the value of this. I think the intent is to determine to change future decisions for the good based on the mistakes we have made in our past. But the experiences of life bring a wisdom that we wouldn't have today via any other way. I don't mean to discount those decisions we have made to change a direction toward God and away from destructive life styles, I just think about how God's work in our lives is a work of grace: he works more powerfully with our weaknesses, and failures than He could have had we not stumbled, bruised our knees and our pride so that we were ready to allow Him to change us.
3 hours ago ·
Owen Abrey For me the challenge is being mired in regret. All I get is stuck there. This is the challenge with retrospect. There needs to be a place where we lodge our failures in the sea of God's forgetfulness in a way we trust Him for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment