Saturday, August 27, 2011

Echanges on Youtube RT, Visa vis the Crisis in Syria.

OKCancelor
  • @TheWikkedchef I agree with you to some extent, I view RT for a different point of view. But as much as I am critical about the media in the west, I attempt to be as critical about RT. Both are media outlets, and to some extent spouts the propaganda of the country. How can it be otherwise? I think to be a critical thinker, needs exposure to as many perspectives as possible, and resist the temptation to jump into bed with any one of them.
  • Putting power in the hands of the people is both frightening and difficult to do. But to some extent at least, didn't it work for you? If it is a human ideal that we ought not have the rule of tyranny over us, how can we not demand these reforms be implemented immediately. This person says if their are valid concernes, "we shall absorb them". This means in essence make your suggestions, we will sop them up and take them away, or create a homogeny.
  • My Russian friends, I am wondering how you reconcile this position with the inately Russian concept of revolution, as promoted by the Bolshevics et el in the last century?
    It seems to me the Arab spring, is a revolution of sorts, one that apparently, but is not yet visible, to democracy. Democratic revolutions have happpened in the past 30 years in Rusisia, as it has in many other places. It perhaps is not satisfactory to the power bosses over there,


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch3Bwid9Ci0&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment