Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toronto Libraries

Lol, well I am pretty sure you won't hear any authors repeating their complaint now that political correctness has staked its ground. That was last year's angst.

I always thought planning was about the future. I remember when Britanica cost 5,000.00 to start. I couldn't afford it then, so I went to the library to read them. I now have 50,000 times more information at my finger tips, and I don't have to leave my desk but to get a cup of coffee. Libraries are "stage coaches" in the era of steam engines, or "buggies" in the time of the model T. Do we plan to keep making buggy whips then?

 ____________________
"The average neo-con never met a book worth reading."

I would compare my book list to yours any day of the week. I consider myself conservative. When you have read Pascal's Pensees or Plato's Republic; when you have read Dostoevsky's Gulag Archipelago, or a few of the writings of Anselm--in Latin, then you may have room to crow.

1 comment:

  1. Daystrom

    4:33 PM on August 25, 2011

    1998 - 25 TPL employees on the Sunshine List
    2010 - 69 on the list

    1998-2010 - 1 (ONE) new branch opening.

    Why the 176% increase in staffers making > $100,000 when there is self-checkout and digital downloads and no increase in the number of branches?

    ReplyDelete