Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cancer in Ft Mac?

I would like to see the results of the full study.

Some people know this first nation group has exhibited rare cancers, and ill-health for a hundred years at least.

Some people know that along the banks of the Athabasca bitumen has been seeping for thousands of years at least. Some people know where the seeps are worst is where the companies mine first. The net result will be a big drop in the natural contaminants of the river.

I would expect that it is in those places these pollution rates are highes, since it is the source of both river contaminants and bitumen.  What I want to see is the environmental review now commissioned.  Few people know the care that is undertaken to keep contaminants from the system.  If there is a leak from oilsands development, then show us the numbers.

I don't know how the first nations band is treated at Ft. Chip.  Do they not get some sort of royalty?
Is there not some sort of set up for water sources that are clean and pure?  I know there are many lakes all around that can be fished aside from Athabasca.  I would have been fishing from there for the last 100 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment