Thursday, November 8, 2012

Persnal note: Living with Major Depression Disorder

Depression: Current thoughts.


On a personal note, I have battled Major depression Disorder for about 12 years.  To force my self to do something can be simply impossible.  However since March I have had some relief.  I could go a week or more without giving suicide serious thought.  I am heading into another low.  you get to recognize the symptoms.  Hopelessness, Sadness, Guilt, Frustration (anger management). Profound lethergy, (If you know someone like this, before you call them a lazy bum, judge also what is behind it.)  I feel those thoughts myself.  I am the worst of the worst in every category. (symptomtic of Depression).   "You should take me out and shoot me."  Is a common conclusion in my mind.  People with Major Depression have a hard time believing there is some other solution to a problem besides death.  A psych worker once told me, "dying *may* be a solution to a problem but it is a permanent solution to what probably is a temporary problem.,"  I think that thought was a line that helped keep this ship tied to the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment