Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beautiful

I married the most beautiful girl in the world.  30 years ago.  No tummy tucks or face lifts or boob jobs, but I still think she is the most beautiful in the world.  I like beautiful things.  I like butterfies and flowers and a mountain sunrise.  I also appreciate beautiful women.  I have an aesthetic pleasure in them.  I don't have a harem, nor have I ever cheated on my wife (believe that or not).  There has been a conditioning or an instinct that creates a bias toward people in the 'beautiful" category.  I call it being born with a gold coin.  But being beautiful is about how it's spent.  Over-eating and other craven self-hatred projections on the world are the dark side of this.  But real beauty, is the beauty of the heart.  One inevitably fades, the other lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment