Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Tribute to David Wells. A Giant in the Land.

...and he gave gifts to men"... Dr. Lim used to say the gifts of the spirit were FULLY God and FULLY Men. A gift needs the cooperation of the one by whom it comes; and cooperation really is a poor understatement. Collaboration may come closer... Perhaps the mystery of this intermingling will always resist the definition of our language; as though we could ever with a word draw a circle around that which melds men to their creator: infinity plus one.

With all that in my heart I thank you for being a gift in my life David. Yes I am thankful to God, without whose grace we would be nothing, but also to the human agent that has bent his will and become intertwined with it. For that I thank you, aware you are a gift to all of us, but also to me. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment