Sunday, July 24, 2011

Me First

Owen Abrey: Canada first? I live with a disability. I am very thankful for Canada's help getting my family through this. Sure I have raised the family (4 kids) on wages/income below the poverty line. I have raised my kids to put a bit of water in the stew, if a stranger was hungry. They are all grown up, 2 in college, 2 fully employed, enjoying Canada's life and freedom. But it is not merely poverty we are thinking about here--it is starvation. Very very few Canadians--if any, are suffering starvation. So again, we who have so much just don't know what is really going on in the world. There are ways to change it. Go there; educate yourself; look out for the poor you speak of that live here in Canada. The resolution of the matter, for many posting, I really hope you find good jobs; but if you can't give out of your poverty you will not out of your wealth either. It has been brutal the last few years, but it is starting to get better. I know it sure feels good to have a job so that instead of complaining , we can do something about it. **Or am I being too idealistic?**




http://www.facebook.com/#!/pmharper

No comments:

Post a Comment