Thursday, November 3, 2011

An optimistic skeptic: Rossi's LENR

This answers a series of questions that were explicitly detailed in the Oct 28 experiment; they showed up on a forum, ignorant. The guy didn't bother to read, just spewed what he thought were intelligent caveats.

Having obtained one of the report forms, I can state that apparently there was a feed back loop to obtain any water post reactor. If I recall correctly, that loop reported something like 6 litres over 7 hours of testing. It was a feed back loop, in that the water, presumably warm was cycled back through the reactors. If I understood it correctly, this contributed to the "self sustained" mode of operation as that heat was recycled to help keep the reactor temperature above 100C. That said, it didn't seem enough to be statistically important, and the data I saw indicated a very constant temperature of 105C while the reactor was operating.

I am an optimistic skeptic. I still don't have enough to say definitively this is bona fide. But I have been studying this LENR since January, and have read the SPAWAR journal articles published over the past 15 years. I have conceded it certainly does appear that there is anomalous heat, considering the whole range of experiments that have gone on since Stanley and Pons 1989.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a CBS article that quotes an MIT Phd. Still not enough evidence to draw a conclusion... is that an echo I hear?

    ReplyDelete